Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Avril Lavigne Likes Saying the 'F' Word

Wed, September 22, 2004
Cover girl Avril speaks her mind in Maxim
By ANN MARIE MCQUEEN, OTTAWA SUN

OTTAWA -- Avril Lavigne sports uncharacteristic cleavage on the cover of the latest edition of female-obsessed men's mag Maxim. Inside the pages of the October issue, on newsstands this week, the 20-year-old Napanee native talks about guitar players, getting drunk, her changing image and other rock-star-type stuff.
"I'm growing up, I'm changing, I'm becoming a woman," she says, referring to a new fondness for skirts.
Though Lavigne is considerably more covered up than a typical Maxim cover girl, she sports a black bustier on the cover. Inside, the singer shows off a black rose tattoo on her belly, above a belt buckle featuring her favourite swear word.
" I don't know why," says Lavigne of the word 'f---.' "I just like saying it."
Recently linked to Sum 41 frontman Deryck Whitley, Lavigne says she's long been attracted to guitar players.
"There's nothing sexier than a guy onstage rockin' out with a guitar," she says.
At bars and clubs, Lavigne says, "I just want to get wasted, dance and hang out," and lists her favourite drink as a double shot of Grey Goose vodka on the rocks.
Lavigne also says she's been unfairly portrayed as "an angry girl who's pissed off all the time."
Her last fight, she adds, was months ago when another woman confronted her about her music in a bar. The woman got "up in my face," so she kicked her in the crotch.
"I don't go looking for fights," she said. "But if someone comes up to me and pushes me, I'm not going to take it."